The trust I am afforded flatters me

Apparently I am a trust worthy person.

The day before yesterday my car broke down and I had to go home in a Taxi.

Yesterday I called one to take me to work, but still had to pick my daughter from school and I wanted to buy a car.

I walked into the operations room, and said I need to pick Yelsmin up. My friend Awfa -- who already knew about my car breaking down, put his hand in his pocket and tossed his key across the room and looked back at his monitor. I remembered the Arabic saying "أن اللبيب من الإشارة يفهم".

His car is a brand new, fully speced Toyota Avalon 2007, he had it for about 3 days now may be 4 I cant remember.

On the road, I called a friend who I knew had bought a new car I liked, the Lexus RX. And asked if I could take it for a spin because I want to buy one. He met me outside his office building and gave me his keys.

Both cars are great, but I prefer the Avalon by a mile for its performance.

The point here is that I am trusted to just take these expensive high end cars. Clearly they think I am a responsible, trust worthy person.

I don't disagree with this, but especially when it comes to driving, I learned how to control a car spin before learning to shift gears properly. So ... I'm not so sure their trust is well placed.

Funny thing is that Awfa already knows about my driving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Phosphorus - Israel is clearly desparate

Who is to blame?

3-Rings-of-Light on my 360